Since KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) 8, the libraries employ a new file compression technology allowing for more high quality samples to fit into a much smaller package. In addition, all of the KONTAKT Library files have been saved in Monolith format, which further compresses the file sizes without any quality loss. As a result, the KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) 8 (or higher) libraries are smaller than their earlier equivalents, yet contain more instruments and samples. This results in a faster installation process and smaller file sizes while allowing for a much larger collection of sounds. On the package you may notice an uncompressed file size amount that is much higher than the size of your actual library. This is because the packaging was printed with the uncompressed library size which does not match your actual library file size.
Articles in this section
- Most Common Questions About Updating / Upgrading to KOMPLETE 11 (ULTIMATE)
- Some of the KOMPLETE Products Are Missing in my Sequencer
- Important Notes about KOMPLETE KONTROL Host Integration
- Which Applications do the KOMPLETE 11 Content Products Belong To?
- How to Find Out the Mac OS X Compatibility of KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects
- How to Find Out the Windows Compatibility of KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects
- What is the Difference Between KOMPLETE 11 SELECT, KOMPLETE SELECT and KOMPLETE SELECTION?
- Qualifying Base Products for KOMPLETE Upgrades and Crossgrades
- GUITAR RIG Does Not Appear in the Instruments List of my Host Sequencer
- I Cannot Play any Sound out of GUITAR RIG Using my MIDI Keyboard