Important note: This compatibility chart is valid for users of NI products who bought their products while they were compatible with older OS X versions. New users seeking compatibility information should consult the Specifications page of our currently available products. This article shows you how to obtain compatibility information for your product.
This article explains how to find the latest KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects content updates compatible with older OS X system versions, including:
- Finding the latest KOMPLETE Instruments and Effect updates compatible with your OS X version.
- Finding the latest NI base product update compatible with your OS X version.
Finding the Latest KOMPLETE Instrument and Effect Update Compatible with your OS X Version
The easiest way to find the latest KOMPLETE Instrument and Effect update compatible with your version of Mac OS X is to check its release date. As a general rule, every NI product is compatible with:
- OS X 10.9 if released before November 2016
- OS X 10.10 if released before November 2017
- OS X 10.11 if released before November 2018
You will find the release date of your installers in the Updates for Legacy Products page on our website. Please proceed as follows:
- Go to the Updates and Legacy Products page of our website and log in with your Native ID.
- Type in the name of the content product for which you need an installer and launch the search. In the example below, we are searching for a Kontakt Factory Library update.
- A list of all available updates for Kontakt Factory Library is now displayed, sorted by release date. In this example, we are looking for the latest update compatible with a Mac OS X 10.9 system. According to the rule stated above, we look for the last update released before November 2016. The latest update compatible with 10.9 is KONTAKT Factory Library Update 1.2 OSX, released in March 2016. Once you have found the update compatible with your OSX version, click its name to start the download process.
Finding the Latest Base Product Update Compatible with your OS X Version
Most KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects (e.g. SESSION STRINGS, RAZOR, THE FINGER, etc.) depend on a specific version of a base product (KONTAKT, REAKTOR, or GUITAR RIG) in which they have to be loaded. Please check the compatibility of the base product with your OS X version in the chart below. This is to be sure you have installed the latest update compatible with your version of Mac OS X.
Note: Some NI products are available as independent plug-ins and do not rely on a base product (eg. PASSIVE EQ, RC24, VC 2A, etc.).
|OS X 10.9||OS X 10.10||OS X 10.11|
Note: If using an earlier version of Mac OS X (10.5 - 10.8), please find the pdf document attached at the end of this article (Base Products for Older OS X Versions.pdf).