Important note : this compatibility chart is valid for users of NI products who bought their products while they were compatible with older OS X versions. New users seeking compatibility information should consult the specification page of our currently available products.
This article explains how to find the latest KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects updates compatible with older OS X system versions, including:
- Finding the latest KOMPLETE Instruments and Effect updates compatible with your OS X version.
- Finding the latest NI base product update compatible with your OS X version.
Finding the Latest KOMPLETE Instrument and Effect Update Compatible with your OS X Version
The easiest way to find the latest KOMPLETE Instrument and Effect update compatible with your version of Mac OS X is to check its release date. As a general rule, every NI product is compatible with:
- OS X 10.5 if released before September 2012
- OS X 10.6 if released before October 2013
- OS X 10.7 if released before September 2014
- OS X 10.8 if released before November 2015
- OS X 10.9 if released before November 2016
Note: All current KOMPLETE products are compatible with Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11 and 10.12. If you use any of these OS X versions, you can simply install the latest update of your NI product.
You will find the release date of your installers in the Updates for TRAKTOR and Legacy Products page on our website. Please proceed as follows:
- Go to the Updates for TRAKTOR and Legacy Products page of our website and log in with your NI e-mail and password.
- Type in the name of the content product for which you need an installer and launch the search. In the example below, we are searching for a Session Strings Pro udpate.
- A list of all available updates for Sessions Strings Pro is now displayed. They are sorted by release date. In this example we are looking for the latest update which can be installed on a OS X 10.6 system. According to the general rule stated above, we have to look for the last update released before October 2013. The latest update compatible with 10.6 is Session Strings Pro 1.1 Update Mac OSX which has been released in June 2011. If we were looking for the latest update which can be installed on 10.7, we would look for an update released before September 2014. In this case, we would choose Session Strings Pro 1.2 Update Mac OSX which has been released in April 2014. Once you have found the update compatible with your OSX version, click its name to launch the download process.
Finding the Latest Base Product Update Compatible with your OS X Version
Most KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects (e.g. SESSION STRINGS, RAZOR, THE FINGER, etc.) depend on a specific version of a base product (KONTAKT, REAKTOR or GUITAR RIG) in which they have to be loaded. Please check the compatibility of the base product with your OS X version in the chart below, in order to make sure you have installed the latest update compatible with your OS X version.
Note: Some NI products are available as independent plug-ins and do not rely on a base product (eg. PASSIVE EQ, RC24, VC 2A, etc.).
|OS X 10.5||OS X 10.6||OS X 10.7||OS X 10.8||OS X 10.9||OS X 10.10|
|REAKTOR 6||not supported||not supported||not supported||not supported||not supported||latest|