TRAKTOR PRO 2 offers various different EQ and Filter types, each with its own distinct sound and features. From within the TRAKTOR Preferences > Mixer menu, you can choose the EQ Type and Filter Type.
Note: In TRAKTOR PRO 2, all EQ types have been updated to offer a flat frequency response when the knobs are set to middle position. The Z ISO EQ does affect the phase of the audio signal even in middle position. However, this is not audible in practical use. It is a characteristic of all full-kill isolator EQs in DJ applications.
You can choose between six alternative EQ Types, which differ from each other in their sound and features:
- Classic: The standard three-band TRAKTOR EQ.
- P600: This three-band EQ model references older DJ mixers by a Japanese manufacturer.
- NUO: This three-band EQ model references a line of DJ mixers by a Spanish manufacturer.
- Xone: This EQ model references a line of DJ mixers by a British manufacturer. It adds an additional mid setting for a total of four EQ-bands. Note that this additional band may not be accessible from your controller.
- Z ISO: This is the same three-band EQ as found in the new TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 DJ mixer. It is a full kill isolator EQ with a 24 db/octave slope, and sharply cuts the respective frequency band when turned fully counter-clockwise.
- P800: This three-band EQ model references more recent DJ mixers by a Japanese manufacturer.
You can choose between three different Filter Types:
- Ladder: The ladder filter concept is commonly associated with classic synthesizers. It offers a steep response and a lot of resonance.
- Xone: This filter is modeled after a line of DJ mixers by a British manufacturer. It has a more mellow slope and less resonance.
- Z: This is the same filter model as found in the new TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 DJ-mixer. It is a steep filter, but it does not have as much resonance as the Ladder model.