This article summarizes new features, improvements & fixes introduced in TRAKTOR's latest software release.
Important Notes on TRAKTOR 3.0.2, released on December 6th, 2018
TRAKTOR PRO 3.0.2 is a maintenance update with some important bug fixes and some great new features for Pro 3, S4 and S2 users.
- Custom Mapping for S4MK3 and S2MK3: Individual controls on the S4MK3 and the S2MK3 can now be custom mapped (over-mapped) via the Controller Manager, in the same manner as it is possible for S4MK2 and S2MK2.
- Touchless (CDJ) Mode for S4MK3: The touch of the S4MK3 can now optionally be disabled in JOG mode by pressing the JOG button a second time.
- Touchless (CDJ) Mode for S2MK3: The touch of the S2MK3 jog wheel can now optionally be disabled in the S2MK3 preferences.
- Fully configurable Internal and External Mixer Modes: In the Mixer Preferences, the Internal and External Mixer modes can now be individually configured in all their essential parts such as:
- enable/disable the Master Volume control
- fully bypass the internal EQ and Gain stages
- bypass or enable the Mixer FX
- enable/disable Auto Gain
- choose the Limiter type
- enable/disable the Limiter
- choose the appropriate Headroom
- apply or ignore the Headroom on the Channel Meters
- Align S4MK3 Channel Meters to SW Meters: The meters on the S4MK3 mixer channels are now aligned to the software channel meters independently from the headroom settings.
- S4MK3 Tempo Reset in TT Mode: The Tempo Reset function is now available in TT Mode on the S4MK3.
- New Browser column for "File Name": For supporting music management tasks, a new browser column has been added showing only the file name without the leasing file path.
- Updated S4MK3 firmware check: Version 3.0.2 now checks for the latest S4MK3 firmware, which is version 0.5.0.
- TagLib 1.11.1 Support: the version of the included TagLib library responsible for most metadata handling has been updated to version 1.11.1.
- S4MK3 Key Lock Screen Widget: The status of Key Lock is now better visualised in the S4MK3 screens via a clearly visible dot instead of a color shade.
- Readability of search: The search string in the upper right corner of the browser pane has been grown bigger to improve its readability.
- Internal Mixer headroom default to -3dB: The new default for Internal Mixer mode is now -3dB to ensure club standard levels on the main and the headphone output.
- Sync offset when enabling Key Lock: Sync is now perfectly maintained again when enabling Key Lock with Elastique 3.
- S4MK3 Jog Touch occasionally not released: The S4MK3 jog touch is now released under any circumstances when lifting off the hand.
- Updated S2MK3 ASIO drivers: The S2MK3 ASIO drivers have been slightly reworked and updated.
- Audio artefacts when SHIFT + nudging the Jog Wheel on S4MK3: The S4MK3 no longer produces audio artefacts when accidentally SHIFT+nudging the jog wheel.
- LED not following backspin on S4MK3: The LED now follows the motion of the backspin on the S4MK3 also when lifting off the hand.
- Misleading Reset visualisation on SYNCED deck: The SYNC/Reset button on a synced deck now stays off when pressing SHIFT to visualise that there is no available command.
- Misleading Tempo Lock visualisation in TT Mode: the Tempo Lock visualisation has been disabled in TT Mode, because this function is currently not available in TT Mode.
- Haptic Ticks when adjusting tension: Haptic Ticks are now muted when adjusting the tension in JOG Mode.
- Wrong naming of Mixer FX in Preferences: The effects are now correctly named "Mixer FX" instead of "Channel FX" in the Controller Manager drop down menus.
Note: You can find an overview of all TRAKTOR PRO 3 software fixes and changes in Native Access by clicking the Traktor Pro 3 entry in the Installed products list and selecting the Changes tab in the product info panel.