This article summarizes new features, improvements & fixes introduced in TRAKTOR's latest software release 3.1.0:
- Parallel Waveforms: Two new deck size "Parallel Full" and "Parallel Slim" have been added, which optionally replace the side by side waveforms by stacked ones.
- Single Deck View: The number of visible decks can now be set to "1". This provides a single deck view with the waveform spread across the full width of the screen to be used for set preparation.
- KONTROL S4 MK3 Standalone Mode: With firmware version 0.5.8, the S4 MK3 can be used standalone as a mixer without a computer connected.
- Duplicate in Layout Manager: A button allowing to duplicate an existing layout has been added to the Layout preferences.
- Custom Mapping for S8 and D2: Individual controls can now be remapped via the Controller Manager.
- Non-destructive file handling: A set of options called "Tag writing mode" has been added to the File Management preferences. It configures which types of metadata TRAKTOR writes or does not write to the audio files.
- Tooltips are now also available for all Preferences panels.
- Tooltips toggle icon is now available in the Global Section.
- Insert new track to analysis queue: A new non-analyzed track loaded into a deck is now prioritized over an analysis queue running in the background.
- S4 MK3 headphone volume: With firmware version 0.5.8, the headphone volume is increased by +6dB in HP-MIX center position.
- Switching between JOG and TT mode will no longer affect the jog wheel's tension on S4 MK3.
- Haptic nudging will no longer affect the sound of forward spins on S4 MK3.
- The sample pitch control via the display knobs is functional again on S8 and D2.
- Keyboard shortcuts now work again as expected when exiting the Preferences.
- Search by KEY via the refined search dropdown is functional again.
Note: You can find an overview of all TRAKTOR PRO 3 software fixes and changes in Native Access by clicking the Traktor Pro 3 entry in the Installed products list and selecting the Changes tab in the product info panel.