After upgrading from TRAKTOR PRO to TRAKTOR PRO 2, the buttons on the second row of the TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 labelled CUE/REL and CUP/ABS may stop working or only work partially, depending of the degree of customization applied to the mapping.
This does not occur with the default mapping provided by the TRAKTOR PRO 2 installer, but with any X1 mapping which has been customized by the user and is therefore imported during the process of upgrading from TRAKTOR PRO to TRAKTOR PRO 2.
To fix the issue proceed as follows:
- Make sure your KONTROL X1 is connected to the USB port.
- Open TRAKTOR Preferences > Controller Manager.
- click on the Device drop-down menu.
- In the drop down list, select the entry Traktor Kontrol X1.
- In the Assignment Table, click on the first header called Control once. This will sort the table by this column.
- Scroll down until you reach the entries named 'Playback Mode Int/Rel/Abs' and select the first one.
- Click on the Value drop down menu for the second Modifier.
- Change the value of this field from 0 to 1.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 for all 12 entries named 'Playback Mode Int/Rel/Abs' you will find in the list.
- Make sure that all your changes have been applied by select one entry after the other and verifying the Value field for the second Modifier has been set to '1'.
- Finally, close the Preferences by pressing Close at the bottom of the window.