TRAKTOR PRO 2.6.6 introduced an issue which corrupts Playlists by removing the following content:
- All Remix Sets
- All tracks which the Relocate function has been used for (either manually or by using the Consistency Check)
- All tracks contained in a folder which is imported using the function Import Folder as Playlist
Note that the tracks and Remix sets are only removed from the Playlists, not your Track Collection. TRAKTOR PRO 2.6.7 and all later versions fix this issue. We therefore strongly recommend 2.6.6 users to update to a later version compatible with your operating system.
Note: Consult our NI Product Compatibility Charts in the Related Articles section at the bottom of this page to find which TRAKTOR versions are compatible with your operating system.
Recovering Your Corrupted Playlists
If your Playlists have been corrupted in version 2.6.6, please follow the below guidelines in order to restore them.
Exporting the Playlists in TRAKTOR 2.6.5
- Go to the following directory using the OS X Finder or Windows Explorer:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > TRAKTOR 2 > Backup
- Win: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > TRAKTOR 2 > Backup
- Locate the file "Traktor 2.6.5.app" (OS X) / "Traktor 2.6.5.exe" (Win) in this directory and open it by double-clicking it.
Note: If you never updated to version 2.6.5, open the last version you used before installing TRAKTOR PRO 2.6.6.
- Open the Playlists node in the Browser.
- Right-click the first Playlist you want to recover and select Export Playlist.
- Click on the ... symbol behind the default Destination path.
- Create a new folder for your exported Playlists (for example on the Desktop) and click Choose.
- Disable the option Copy Tracks To Destination and click OK to save your Playlist in the destination folder.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for each Playlist you want to recover. Select the folder you created in step 6 as your Destination for each Playlist.
- Close TRAKTOR 2.6.5.
Importing the Playlists in TRAKTOR 2.6.7 or later
- Open your current version of TRAKTOR PRO 2 from here:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > TRAKTOR 2 > "Traktor.app"
- Win: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > TRAKTOR 2 > "Traktor.exe"
- Ensure that the update has been correctly installed. You can check the version number in TRAKTOR's About screen. Open it by clicking on the NI logo in the upper right corner of the TRAKTOR. In the example below, this is the 2.6.7 update.
- Right-click the Playlists node in the TRAKTOR Browser and select Import Playlist Directory.
- Navigate to the folder you created in step 6 of the above Playlist-export guide, select it and click Choose to confirm your selection.
- In the Importing Playlist dialog, choose File in order to preserve the current tag data in your music files.
- Your Playlists will now be restored.