The Batch re-save function can help if you get a Content Missing dialog when trying to load a DAW project or an Instrument from a particular KONTAKT Library. This means that the KONTAKT Instrument is unable to find its samples. This can happen if you have moved the Library and the file paths of the samples are now invalid.
Performing a Batch re-save will correct the file paths of the samples for all KONTAKT Instruments within a Library.
- In case you need to open the Library with an older KONTAKT version, use this older version of KONTAKT for the Batch re-save process. If you batch re-save a Library with e.g. KONTAKT 7, it will no longer load in KONTAKT 6, KONTAKT 5, etc.
- Batch re-save should only be used on single Libraries. It is not recommended to batch re-save an entire disk or directory of Libraries.
In this example, we try to load The Giant Instrument from THE GIANT Library, but KONTAKT cannot locate the samples corresponding to the Instrument.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Select Batch re-save from the File drop-down menu within KONTAKT's Main Control Panel.
- A warning dialog appears. Click Yes to proceed.
- Locate the Library folder in the OS X Finder or Windows Explorer. In this example, we are selecting The Giant Library. Once selected, click Open to proceed.
- At this point, KONTAKT will check the Library. If samples are missing, a Samples Missing dialog will appear. In this dialog, click Browse for folder.
- In the Locate Folder window which now appears, select your Library's Samples folder. Once selected, click Open to proceed.
KONTAKT will now batch re-save the Library and re-link all the Library's Instruments to their respective sample content. Your KONTAKT Library's Instruments will now load correctly.