This article explains how to Batch re-save a Library in KONTAKT. This function can help if you get a Samples Missing dialog when trying to load an Instrument from a particular KONTAKT Library. This means that the KONTAKT Instrument is unable find its samples. For example, this can happen if you have moved the Library from one computer to another; the file paths of the samples now invalid.
Performing a Batch re-save will correct the file paths of the samples for all KONTAKT Instruments within a Library. In this example, we try to load The Giant Instrument from THE GIANT Library, but KONTAKT cannot locate the samples corresponding to the Instrument.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Select Batch re-save from the File drop-down menu within KONTAKT's Main Control Panel.
- A warning dialog appears. Click Yes to proceed.
- Locate the Library folder in the OS X Finder or Windows Explorer. In this example, we are selecting The Giant Library. Once selected, click Choose to proceed.
- At this point, KONTAKT will check the Library. If samples are missing, a Samples Missing dialog will appear. In this dialog, click Browse for folder.
- In the Locate Folder window which now appears, select your Library's Samples folder. Once selected, click Choose to proceed.
KONTAKT will now batch re-save the Library and re-link all the Library's Instruments to their respective sample content. Your KONTAKT Library's Instruments will now load correctly.