This article explains how to recalibrate your TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 Gain knobs if the output level of a specific channel does not sound as loud as the others and turning on the corresponding Gain knob does not produce the expected change in volume. Note that even if only one specific Gain knob is affected, it is necessary to recalibrate every knob (1 Filter, 3 EQs, 1 Gain) on all 4 mixer channels (20 knobs in total, 5 per each channel).
To recalibrate your TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 knobs, follow the steps below:
- Connect your TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 to your computer and switch on the device.
- Open Controller Editor which is located here on your hard drive:
- OS X: Macintosh HD: Applications > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > "Controller Editor.app"
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > "Controller Editor.exe"
Note: When starting Controller Editor while the TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 is connected, the device will automatically switch to MIDI mode. In case your controller is not reacting when starting Controller Editor, please consult this article.
- Choose Controller Editor > Preferences (OS X) or File > Preferences (Windows) from the menu bar.
- Switch to the Controller tab and make sure that Traktor Kontrol S8 is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Recalibrate next to to EQs & Filter to begin the calibration routine.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, turning all 20 mixer knobs all the way to the left, to the right. to the center, and confirming each time by clicking Next.
- Once the on-screen instructions display that the calibration completed succesfully, click on Finish to exit the calibration routine. You can now close Controller Editor.
After the Mixer knobs have been recalibrated, your Gain knob will behave again as expected.