When trying to load a preset from the KOMPLETE KONTROL browser, you might receive the following error message:
This means KOMPLETE KONTROL is unable to locate the NI plug-in associated with the preset. This happens if you have moved your NI plug-ins after the initial installation. In this case, KOMPLETE KONTROL cannot find the plug-in under the path specified in the plug-in's registry. This article will guide you through the necessary steps to solve this issue:
- Relocating your Native Instruments plug-ins using the VST location tool.
- Rescanning your KOMPLETE KONTROL plug-in database.
Relocating Your Native Instruments Plug-ins
The most convenient way to relocate your plug-ins is to use the NI VST location tool. This will update the installation paths written in the NI plug-ins' registries to their current location. You will find a download link to the VST location tool and detailed explanation on how to use it in this article from our Knowledge Base.
Rescanning your KOMPLETE KONTROL Plug-in Database
Once your system has relocated the missing plug-ins, you must let KOMPLETE KONTROL rescan its plug-in database. To do so, follow these steps.
- Make sure KOMPLETE KONTROL is not running.
- Navigate to the following folder:
C > Users > *User name* > App Data > Local > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol.
Important note: 'App Data' is a hidden folder. Read this article to learn how to enable the view of hidden folders on your Windows system.
- Delete the file named Plugin64.data.
- Start KOMPLETE KONTROL. The splash screen will indicate KOMPLETE KONTROL is scanning your Native Instruments plug-ins.
Your Native Instruments plug-ins will now load as expected within KOMPLETE KONTROL.