Installing with Native Access
To install the KOMPLETE Content of KOMPLETE 10 (or higher) on an external hard drive, open Native Access > Preferences and change the Content Location. You can find detailed instructions on how to change install locations with Native Access in this article.
Installing with Legacy Installer (KOMPLETE 8 / 9)
- Launch the KOMPLETE (ULTIMATE) installer and follow the instructions until you reach the window Installation Type.
- In the Location column, click on the Shared folder icon in the Content row. In the menu that appears, select Other.
- In the new window navigate to your external hard drive and select the destination where you wish to install the content. In this example the destination is a folder named Sample Libraries. Click Choose to confirm the path. The Location column will now display the previously selected folder.
- Click Continue to proceed with the installation.
- After launching the KOMPLETE installer, you will be prompted to define an installation directory for your applications. This must be set to your system drive. We strongly recommend leaving the installation path set to default.
- In the next step you will be asked where you wish to install your 32-bit and (if you are using a 64-bit Windows system) your 64-bit VST plug-ins. For more information on where to install your plug-ins, please refer to this article.
- Next you will be asked to define a location for the libraries:
- If you do not change this location during the installation, the libraries will be installed in the default location:
C: > Users > Public > Documents
- If you wish to install your KOMPLETE content to another location such as an external hard drive, click the Change... button, then browse to the respective folder and click OK. The installer will reflect the changes you have made:
- Click Next to proceed with the installation.