Note: To learn how to configure pedals on a KOMPLETE KONTROL MK2 keyboard, please read this article.
- Switch off your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard.
- Connect your sustain pedal to the Expression Jack on the rear panel of your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard.
- Turn on your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard.
- Start Controller Editor. It is located here on your hard drive:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > "Controller Editor.app"
- Windows: C: > Program files > Native Instruments > Controller Editor > "Controller Editor.exe"
- Select the Expression Pedal port by clicking on it in the Controller Editor's Hardware Area. When selected, it will be highlighted red.
- In Controller Editor's Assign tab, set the expression pedal port to MIDI CC 64.
Your expression pedal will now control the sustain pedal in KONTAKT Instruments like THE MAVERICK, THE GENTLEMAN, etc. If you notice your expression pedal is inverted, do the following:
- Open Controller Editor's Preferences from Controller Editor menu in the menu bar.
- In the Komplete Kontrol tab, click the Inverted checkbox.