This article presents the best practice if you want to share the KOMPLETE content between several computers using an external hard drive
. We recommend to install only the KONTAKT Libraries included in the KOMPLETE bundle to an external drive and to install the rest of the content (REAKTOR, GUITAR RIG, BATTERY) on your computer's internal system drive. The KONTAKT Libraries included in the KOMPLETE bundle represent the largest part of the KOMPLETE content in terms of disk space and are easy to share between computers.
Note: The procedure is explained for two different computers but it can apply to as many systems as you want.
1. Installation on the First Computer
- Start Native Access and install all products one by one to your internal drive except for the KONTAKT Libraries. Find a list of all KONTAKT libraries in this article.
- Once the products have been installed successfully, click on the user icon in Native Access and choose Preferences.
- In the Preferences, click the BROWSE button next to Content location.
- Navigate to the folder on your external hard drive where you want to install your KONTAKT libraries and confirm your selection. Then click SAVE in the Preferences window.
- Install all KONTAKT Libraries.
2. Installation on the Second Computer
- Start Native Access, open the Preferences and select the folder which contains the installed KONTAKT Libraries as the Content location.
- Install the KONTAKT 5 software from the Not installed tab.
- After installation hover your mouse over a KONTAKT library entry in the Not installed tab. A magnifying glass appears next to the INSTALL button.
- Click the magnifying glass for the library you want to activate.
- Click BROWSE, navigate to the KONTAKT library's folder and confirm your selection.
- Add the rest of the content products one by one as explained above
Now both computers will recognize the KONTAKT Libraries installed on the external hard drive.
Important note for Windows users: make sure the external drive always gets the same letter assigned in Windows, otherwise KONTAKT will not find the corresponding Libraries.