This article explains how to setup TRAKTOR for use with your 3rd-party TRAKTOR READY controller.
Note: You can find a list of TRAKTOR READY controllers for TRAKTOR here.
The configuration is done automatically by the Setup Wizard. The steps below will guide you through the process.
- Make sure your controller is correctly installed by following the instructions in the product manual.
- If you are using a Native Instruments controller as well, disconnect it from your computer before you start the Setup Wizard.
- The Setup Wizard will overwrite your current settings. If you wish to keep them for future use, you should backup the file "Traktor Settings.tsi" which is stored in the directory Documents > Native Instruments > Traktor 3.x.x.
- When you start TRAKTOR for the first time, the Setup Wizard will open automatically. Otherwise, go to the TRAKTOR Preferences and click the Setup Wizard button in the lower-left corner.
- First, you'll be asked to connect your external devices to the computer. If you haven't done so already, connect the TRAKTOR READY device and click Next.
- Now you are asked if you are using a different (i.e. non-NI) device. Select Yes, then click Next.
- Select the manufacturer and model of your controller, then click Next.
Note: If using TRAKTOR PRO 2, you are asked if you are using an external mixer. Selecting Yes sets Output Routing to External Mixing. Selecting No sets Output Routing to Internal Mixing. If using TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2, this step will be omitted. Those Preferences are set to External Mixing by default.
- Choose your Deck Layout, then click Next. In this example, we choose the basic 2 Track Decks layout.
- The next page sums up the settings you made. Click Finish to confirm the settings you made.