This article explains how to control the individual Stems of a Stem track with a TRAKTOR KONTROL S5 controller. When you load and play a Stem file to a TRAKTOR Deck, the individual Stems are shown on the KONTROL S5 display.
You can control the volume and filter of each Stem with the TRAKTOR KONTROL S5 controller as explained below: First, make sure that the Deck you are controlling is set to REMIX by pressing the corresponding button on the area below the Deck display of the TRAKTOR KONTROL S5.
In Remix mode, you can operate the pads and encoders of the Deck you are controlling via the TRAKTOR KONTROL S5 as explained below:
- Each pad controls Stems 1-4 from left to right. The pads on the upper row will light up in the color corresponding to each Stem.
- Press a pad on the upper row to mute / unmute the corresponding Stem. When muting a Stem, the corresponding pad will be dimmed.
- Press any of the pads on the lower row to select the corresponding Stem for volume / filter control. The selected pad will blink. Additionally the display on the KONTROL S5 will show a Footer Panel with the volume amount (in percentage) for each Stem.
- Use the BROWSE encoder to control the VOLUME.
- Press other pads to select / deselect them. The name of the selected Stem appears underlined in the display.
- Turning the encoder when more than one pad is selected will change the VOLUME level for all selected pads at once. Push down the encoder to reset the Volume to 100% for the selected pad(s).
- Turning the LOOP encoder will change the FILTER value of the selected pad(s). Push down the encoder to activate / deactivate the Filter for the selected pad(s).
- Press any of the pads in the lower row while holding down SHIFT to reset the values for both Voume (100%) and Filter (0%).
- When no pad is selected, the Footer Panel will disappear automatically.