This article explains how to configure RAZOR to be used as a vocoder in Ableton Live.
- Create a MIDI track in Ableton Live.
- Create an audio track. In this example we have named the audio track Vocals.
- Insert REAKTOR as a VST effect plug-in on the Vocals track. In this example, we have loaded Reaktor5 FX.
- Open up the REAKTOR plug-in interface from the Player tab of the Browser and load RAZOR.
- Load one of the Vocoder presets from RAZOR's preset drop-down menu.
- In the Output Type drop-down menu (or the MIDI To drop-down if you are working in Live's Session View) of the MIDI track select Vocals.
- Record enable the MIDI track.
By pressing notes on your MIDI keyboard, it is now possible to play RAZOR as a vocoder. It will affect your selected audio material on the the Vocals track.