This article describes how to configure GUITAR RIG for the use with an external controller pedal which is connected to the computer via RIG KONTROL.
- Connect the external pedal to the PEDAL input 1 or 2.
- In GUITAR RIG, go to Options > Preferences and click the Reset button in the section Rig Kontrol Ext Pedals Calibration.
- Follow the instructions in the dialog window.
- Load a component to the rack and right-click a control, e.g. a knob. Choose Learn in the menu that opens, then move the pedal to assign it to this knob.In the below picture we are assigning the external pedal to control RAMMFIRE's GAIN knob.
- Change the connection cable - some pedals need balanced cables while others only work properly when using unbalanced cables.
- If the pedal requires an external power supply or battery, check if this is working properly.
- Take a look into the manual of the external pedal to get information about polarity and other troubleshooting hints.