The iTunes node in the TRAKTOR browser allows you to directly access all of your tracks and playlists contained in the iTunes Music Library. This is useful if you are using iTunes to organize your music. It is only possible to edit tracks that have been previously imported to TRAKTOR's Track Collection and thus appear highlighted as opposed to greyed out.
If you additionally want to edit track information in TRAKTOR and take full advantage of all Track Collection features, you need to import your tracks and playlists. The following steps are recommended to keep a consistent music library both in TRAKTOR and iTunes:
- Add your iTunes Music Library path to the TRAKTOR Music Folders under Preferences > File Management. The default path of your iTunes Music Library is:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Users > *Your User Name* > Music > iTunes
- Windows: C: > Users > *Your User Name* > Music > iTunes
- Check the option Import Music-Folders at Startup (Preferences > File Management). This will automatically keep TRAKTOR up to date with all new tracks in your Music Folders, including the iTunes Music Library we added before.
- In iTunes, uncheck the option Keep iTunes Media folder organized (Preferences > Advanced). This function cannot be active when using your iTunes tracks in the TRAKTOR Track Collection, since it dynamically alters the file locations depending on tag information.
You can now use TRAKTOR's editing and analysis features for all your tracks in the TRAKTOR Track Collection. In the iTunes node, right/ctrl-click a track and select Show in collection to locate it in the Track Collection. Optionally, you may also add your iTunes playlists to TRAKTOR by dragging them from the iTunes node onto the Track Collection in the TRAKTOR browser or right-clicking on them and selecting Import to Playlists from the context menu.
Note: The imported playlists are independent from the ones in iTunes. Changes made in iTunes will be reflected in the iTunes Node, however not in the TRAKTOR Track Collection's Playlists section.