This article describes how to set up one KONTROL X1 to control the Track Decks and a second KONTROL X1 to control the Sample Decks in TRAKTOR 2.
- Go to the Decks section in the TRAKTOR preferences. Under Deck Flavor, choose Sample Deck for the decks C and D.
- Go to the Controller Manager section. Open the Device drop-down menu and check if it contains an entry named 'Traktor.Kontrol X1'.
Note: If there is no X1-entry or if the menu contains more than one X1-entry, go to the Traktor Kontrol X1 section in the preferences and click on the button Restore in the Restore Default area. This will delete all X1 mappings and load a new default X1 mapping. Make sure you backup any custom mappings you created before.
- In the Controller Manager, click the Add... button below the Device menu and choose Import.
- Browse to ... > Default Settings > Controller > Native Instruments and choose the file "_02 - Controller - Native Instruments - X1 Addon Mapping.tsi".
- Open the Device menu again. There should be two X1-entries now: 'Traktor.Kontrol X1' and 'Sample Deck X1 Mapping'.
- Click on 'Traktor.Kontrol X1'. Then open the menu In-Port and choose the first of the two X1 ports in the list.
- Go to the Device menu again and choose 'Sample Deck X1 Mapping'. Then go to the In-Port menu again and select the second X1 port in the list.