This article explains how to set up your Native Instruments audio interface as the standard audio output device for your computer.
Follow the below steps to set your standard sound card for system-wide audio playback in the Windows Sound Settings:
- Click on the Windows symbol in the bottom left corner of your screen, type in 'Sound' and press ENTER.
- In the Sound panel, click the Playback tab.
- If your sound card has multiple channels, they will appear seperately in the Playback list. Select the output channel you want to use as system output.
- Click Set Default in order to set the selected output as your default system audio output.
- Click OK to confirm your selection.
The list below shows the channels used by the headphone output of each NI audio interface. Select these channels in the Windows sound settings as described above in order to monitor your audio signal through your headphone.
|All TRAKTOR KONTROL Interface- Controllers||
Out 3 + 4
|TRAKTOR KONTROL Interface - Controllers are TRAKTOR controllers equipped with an audio interface (Master and Cue output) - e.g. TRAKTOR KONTROL S8 / S4 / S2 / Z2 / Z1.|
|TRAKTOR AUDIO 2
AUDIO 2 DJ
|Any out 1 / 2 or 3 / 4||If 1 / 2 is selected as Main Output, headphones have to be set to 3 / 4 and vice versa.|
|TRAKTOR AUDIO 6 / 10||
Out 1 + 2
|Shares the same output as MAIN 1/2 (Master output).|
|KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
AUDIO KONTROL 1
|Any out 1 / 2 or 3 / 4||If you set the headphone switch to 1 / 2, the master output is routed to the headphone output - no additional settings required.|
|MASCHINE MK3||Out 3 + 4|
|AUDIO 4 DJ||Out 3 + 4|
|AUDIO 8 DJ||Out 7 + 8|