This article explains how to sample into MASCHINE 1 from an audio- or instrument-track within Cubase.
- Load an instance of MASCHINE FX as an insert into the track you want to sample from.
- Click the Sample Editor button on the left of the Pattern Editor in MASCHINE FX to switch to the Sample Editor. Open the RECORD tab, then select Ext. In the Input menu, select Input 1 L+R .
- If the track is already playing, you will see an amplitude on the level meter. Activate the monitor button to listen to the signal.
- Adjust the Threshold. When the START button is clicked, the recording starts once the input level exceeds the threshold.
- Click STOP to stop recording. The recorded sample appears in a small box below the waveform window and can be dragged and dropped to Sounds from there or be deleted by clicking on the small X in the upper right corner of the box.