If Logic crashes while scanning the installed plug-ins, follow the steps below to resolve this problem:
- Close Logic and open Finder.
- Navigate to the following folder:
- Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components
- Copy the plug-ins that are causing the problem from this folder to your Desktop. Once copied to your Desktop, delete them from the Components folder.
- Start Logic and open the Plug-in-Manager under Logic Pro > Settings > Plug-in-Manager
- Click the button Reset & Rescan Selection.
- Close Logic after the scan has finished.
- Move the plug-in files from the Desktop back into the folder "Components".