This article explains how to import your iMASCHINE 1 projects to iMASCHINE 2, in case your iMASCHINE 1 projects do not appear automatically in iMASCHINE 2 as expected.
If you are on a version of iMASCHINE prior to 1.2.3, you will not be able to make use of iMASCHINE 2’s automatic project transfer and you will have to manually copy over your iMASCHINE 1 project files. You can check which version of iMASCHINE 1 you have installed by going to the Main Menu and then About.
To manually transfer your iMASCHINE 1 projects to iMASCHINE 2 follow the steps below:
- In iMASCHINE 1, go to the Main Menu and select Export.
- In the Export window, you can give your track a name under Track Name. In the example below, we have called it iMaschine 1 Project. Once done, press the Export button.
- Once the project has been successfully exported you get an Export Complete notification telling you that you can find your project in the documents folder in iTunes. Press OK to proceed.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer, open iTunes and select your device in the top left corner of the window. In our example, we select the iOS device iPod touch.
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section and select iMaschine under Apps. Here, under iMaschine Documents, you will see the project you exported. In our example, it is named "iMaschine 1 Project 2016 -07-25.zip". Click on this file and drag it to your desktop.
- Go back to iTunes and while still under File Sharing this time select iMaschine 2. Click on the exported file from your Desktop and drag it into the iMaschine 2 Documents area.
- The next time you open iMASCHINE 2 you will be prompted to import your project file. Select it and press Import.
- In iMASCHINE 2 go to the Main Menu and then select Open. Filter your projects to User and you will then see the exported iMaschine 1 Project. Tap on the project to load it.