The following article explains how to set up GarageBand for KOMPLETE KONTROL. This will enable you to use advanced host integration features like transport control, track selection and automatic track focus.
If you are using a first-generation KOMPLETE KONTROL MK1 keyboard, the features described here require GarageBand 10.1.1 (or higher) as well as KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.6.1 (or higher).
If you are using a second-generation KOMPLETE KONTROL MK2 keyboard, the features described here require GarageBand 10.2.0 (or higher) as well as KOMPLETE KONTROL 1.9.0 (or higher).
Setting Up GarageBand for KOMPLETE KONTROL
To set up GarageBand for KOMPLETE KONTROL, follow these steps:
- Make sure your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series is connected and powered on.
- Start GarageBand.
- The following prompt will be shown each time you launch GarageBand. Click Connect to connect your KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard to GarageBand.
GarageBand is now set up for KOMPLETE KONTROL.
Loading KOMPLETE KONTROL in GarageBand for the First Time
Follow these steps when loading KOMPLETE KONTROL in GarageBand for the first time:
- Load the KOMPLETE KONTROL plug-in on a Software Instrument Track.
Note: read this article to learn how to load a NI plug-in in GarageBand.
- If GarageBand prompts you to lower your security settings, click Lower Security Settings to proceed.
- KOMPLETE KONTROL prompts you to rescan your Library and Plug-ins. Click OK to proceed.
- Open the KOMPLETE KONTROL Preferences.
- Go to the Library tab and press the Rescan button. Wait for the Database to be updated; this can take a few minutes.
- Go to the Plug-ins tab, and press the Rescan button. Wait for the Database to be updated.
- You can now close KOMPLETE KONTROL's Preferences and start using KOMPLETE KONTROL.
Please note a separate database cache is created for GarageBand that will not automatically synchronize with the Standalone version of KOMPLETE KONTROL or KOMPLETE KONTROL plug-ins used in other hosts. However, it can be synchronised manually via Preferences > Library > Rescan.