This article explains what to do if your KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard is not automatically recognized by Logic Pro X. To resolve this issue, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Install KOMPLETE KONTROL's and Logic Pro X's latest updates
- Enable Automatic Installation of Control Surfaces in Logic Pro X
- Disable Firewall protection in your OS X's Security settings
Install KOMPLETE KONTROL's and Logic Pro X's Latest Updates
Automatic detection of KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series in Logic Pro X requires:
- KOMPLETE KONTROL version 1.6.1 or higher. You will find this update in Native Access under Available updates.
- Logic Pro X version 10.2.0 or higher. You will find Logic's latest update in the App store, which is accessible from your Mac's Apple menu.
Enable Automatic Installation of Control Surfaces in Logic Pro X
Automatic detection also requires the Automatic Installation of Control Surfaces to be activated in Logic Pro X.
Note: If using an Apple Silicon (M1) Mac, it is necessary to start Logic Pro X using Rosetta. Click here for more info.
Follow these steps to activate Automatic Installation:
- Open Logic Pro X.
- Go to Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Setup.
- Click on the New menu and tick Automatic Installation.
Adjusting your OS X's Firewall Settings
Some OS X Security Settings can prevent the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series to connect to Logic. To avoid issues with the connectivity of your NI controller, follow these steps to add firewall exceptions for the NI Hardware Agents:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Choose Security and Privacy.
- Go to the Firewall tab and click on the lock icon at the bottom of the window. Type your admin password when prompted to.
- Click the Firewall options... button.
- Click the '+' symbol.
- Navigate to:
Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Hardware
- Hold 'shift' and select both, NIHardwareAgent and NIHostIntegrationAgent. Click Add.
- Click OK to confirm.
- You can close the System Preferences now.