- List of compatible hardware devices
- List of unsupported hardware devices
- Operation of unsupported devices
Sierra Compatibility Statement
Native Instruments has conducted systematic compatibility and performance tests with the current versions of macOS Sierra. The results have concluded that all our current products are fully compatible without any specific issues under standard installations of this operating system. The corresponding general system requirements for Native Instruments products are available on the dedicated product pages.
All current software products from all three brands (TRAKTOR, MASCHINE and KOMPLETE) are fully compatible with macOS Sierra.
All of our current-generation hardware devices are fully compatible with macOS Sierra.
The following Native Instruments hardware devices are fully compatible with macOS Sierra and will therefore deliver highly stable audio performance while working under this operating system:
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK2
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S2 (MK1 and MK2)
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S8
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S5
- TRAKTOR KONTROL D2
- TRAKTOR KONTROL F1
- TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 (MK2)
- TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1
- TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 10
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 6
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK2
- KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboards
- KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
All MASCHINE devices (older and current generation) are fully compatible with macOS Sierra.
As of macOS Sierra, Native Instruments is officially ceasing support for the following discontinued (older-generation) devices:
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 MK1 (first generation)
- TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 MK1 (first generation)
- TRAKTOR KONTROL X1 MK1 (first generation)
- AUDIO 2 DJ
- AUDIO 4 DJ
- AUDIO 8 DJ
- AUDIO KONTROL 1
- GUITAR RIG MOBILE I/O
- GUITAR RIG SESSION I/O
- RIG KONTROL 2
- RIG KONTROL 3
- KORE Controller
- KORE 2 Controller
If you own any of the above devices, we recommend that you continue operating them under your current OS X version.
Important Note: Regardless of the current situation, any upcoming update of macOS Sierra may put the device's functionality to an end. For this reason we recommend to periodically back up your system in order to roll back to a previous version if needed.
While the use of older generation devices is not supported, it is possible to operate them under current versions of macOS Sierra. While we cannot guarantee for a correct functionality, the following recommendations have proven to be effective among a significant amount of users:
- Set the sample rate of your audio driver to 48.000 Hz. In the example below we are setting the Sample Rate for the Audio 4 DJ driver in the TRAKTOR Audio Setup menu.
- Disable the macOS FileVault security preference as explained in this article from the Apple support website.
- Disable the App Nap function globally as explained in this article.
- Disable the Energy Saver settings as explained in the chapter 'Energy Saver Settings' of this article.