When loading a plug-in in MASCHINE 2 you may receive the following error message: "Could not load 1 or more Plug-ins!":
In most cases the issue can be resolved by ensuring the latest versions of ALL your plug-ins have been installed. Native Instruments Updates are available via Native Accesss, Service Center or the Personal Update Manager. If this does not resolve the issue follow the steps below to ensure the VST plug-in path(s) are set correctly in the MASCHINE 2 preferences:
- Open Service Center and click the Overview tab. Click Show Details next to the respective plug-in. If VST versions of a plug-in are already installed, you will see their respective entries in this section.
- Service Center can list both 32 and 64-bit paths depending on which formats you selected during installation.
- Launch MASCHINE 2 and go to Preferences > Plug-ins > Locations
- Make sure any listed VST folder paths in this section correspond to the paths previously identified in Service Center.
- If a path has not yet been set, click the Add button and navigate to the VST folder(s) on your hard drive you wish to use. Click Choose to confirm.
Important Note: If you use MASCHINE 2 in 32-bit mode, make sure the 32-bit plug-in folder has been added under Preferences > Plug-ins. If you use MASCHINE 2 in 64-bit mode ensure the 64-bit plug-in folder has been added. For more information on 32 and 64-bit aspects of Native Instruments software refer to this article.
- Click Rescan. MASCHINE 2 will now scan the the newly selected VST folders(s).
- After the scan is complete click the Manager button. All plug-ins located in your specified VST folders will be listed here. Make sure there is a tick next to each plug-in you wish to use.