This article explains how to reinstall a KOMPLETE bundle when the KONTAKT libraries are already installed on a separate hard drive. This procedure is recommended after reinstalling your operating system or if you want to install KOMPLETE on a new computer.
The KONTAKT Libraries included in the KOMPLETE bundle represent the largest part of the KOMPLETE content in terms of disk space and are easy to add from an external hard drive. All of the remaining KOMPLETE products have to be reinstalled. By adding the KONTAKT Libraries from an external hard drive you save a lot of time since there is no need to download the expansive KONTAKT Libraries again.
- Download and install Native Access.
- Open Native Access, log in and set your installation paths as shown in this article. Make sure to choose the external harddrive that contains the KONTAKT Libraries as Content location.
- Install only KONTAKT 5 from the Not installed tab.
- Close Native Access.
- Install KONTAKT 5.6.6. which is available in the Update Manager.
- Open the KONTAKT 5 application and add all your KONTAKT Libraries from the external hard drive as explained in this video. Important: Do not click the 'Activate' button as shown in the video. The activation will be done automatically for all Libraries at once when you open Native Access in step 7.
Note: To find out which KOMPLETE products are KONTAKT Libraries, read this article.
- Restart your computer and open Native Access.
- Update KONTAKT to its latest version.
- Choose the Not installed tab and install the remaining KOMPLETE products.