In this article, we explain how to synchronize TRAKTOR and MASCHINE using Ableton Link to play their content at the same tempo. Ableton Link is built directly into TRAKTOR and MASCHINE so this feature does not require an Ableton Live installation or license.
Note: Ableton Link functionality requires TRAKTOR LE / PRO 2.11 or higher (or TRAKTOR LE / PRO 3) and MASCHINE 2.5.6 or higher.
Link Sessions and Network Connections
- Computers running TRAKTOR and MASCHINE must be connected to a local network via Wi-Fi or LAN.
- Ableton Link works with TRAKTOR and MASCHINE on a single computer or separate computers with the same network connection.
- Applications with Ableton Link support are automatically part of the session once Link is enabled.
Joining Ableton Link with TRAKTOR
- Open TRAKTOR.
- Click LINK on the TRAKTOR header.
TRAKTOR will either join an existing Link session or begin a new session. Clicking LINK again will remove TRAKTOR from the Ableton Link network.
- To ensure that the TRAKTOR Decks are always matched to the common Link timeline, enable BeatSync mode in: Preferences > Transport > Sync Mode
This article explains the different SyncModes that are available for TRAKTOR and instructs how to match the downbeat, reset the phase, etc.
Joining Ableton Link with MASCHINE
- Open MASCHINE.
- Click LINK on the MASCHINE header.
MASCHINE is now part of the Link session and its tempo is synced to TRAKTOR. Clicking LINK again will remove MASCHINE from the Ableton Link network.
TRAKTOR and MASCHINE are now synced via Ableton Link. Changing the MASCHINE BPM tempo is matched to TRAKTOR (and vice-versa).