Disclaimer: This article mentions third-party applications which were not developed and are not supported by Native Instruments. We cannot guarantee their safety and correct functionality.
When installing a Native Instruments product or product update in Native Access the download may freeze or fail. In order to solve the issue, this article explains how to:
- Download a Software Update Installer Manually
- Download a Full Software Installer
Download a Software Update Installer Manually
If you are trying to install an update for an already installed product and the download fails in Native Access, follow these steps:
- Open the Updates page and log in if prompted to.
- Type the name of the product whose update you wish to download in the search field. In our example we are searching for Session Strings Pro:
- Click on the name of the update entry you want to download for Windows (Win).
- Once the download is finished, go to your download folder and run the product update installer file, following the installation steps.
Download a Full Software Installer
If the download fails when trying to download a full installer, follow these steps to obtain a direct download link:
- Open Native Access and go to Preferences > File locations. Here you can find the currently set Download location:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the download location folder from the Preferences.
- In Native Access, choose the tab Not installed and click INSTALL for the product that you want to obtain a direct download link for.
- As soon as the download begins press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Del on your computer keyboard at the same time and choose Task Manager from the list:
- If the Windows User Account Control asks you to allow the program to make changes to your computer, confirm with Yes.
- Choose Native Access from the list and click End task.
Note: If you see more details in Task Manager, you can toggle to the above view by clicking 'Fewer details' in the lower left corner of the window.
- Go back to File Explorer and double-click the .toc-file in the folder you navigated to in step 2. In our example the file's name is "nidownload_Hexagon_Highway.toc":
- If prompted to, choose to open the file with Notepad.
- In the menu bar of Notepad, choose Format > Word Wrap:
- Select the link between the tags <url type="http"> and </url> as highlighted in the screenshot below:
- Go to the Edit menu and select Copy in order to copy the selected link to the clipboard:
- Open a new internet browser window and paste the link into the address bar, e.g. by pressing Ctrl + C. Hit the Enter key to open the link if needed.
Note: For large downloads Native Instruments recommends using a download manager with a "Resume" feature such as iGetter.
- Save the .iso-file for your NI download product on your hard drive.
- On Windows 8/10 you can mount the .iso-file by right-clicking it and choosing Mount from the context menu. Users of Windows 7 can mount the .iso-file with a 3rd party tool. Here is a tutorial with download instructions for WinCDEmu.