While installing an NI upgrade / crossgrade / update product, the process fails and Native Access displays the following error message:
Activating *Product* failed: you are missing the base product for which this upgrade/crossgrade/update is valid.
This error message may be caused by the following:
- Logging into Native Access with a different NI account than that which your base product is registered under.
- Attempting to register an upgrade / crossgrade / update version without owning a valid base product.
- Trying to activate a product whose base product's license is requested to be transferred.
- Attempting to activate a software serial before activating the corresponding hardware product (valid only for hardware/software bundle products).
- Attempting to install the MASCHINE Factory Selection, even though the full MASCHINE 2 Software and MASCHINE Factory Library are already installed.
- Ensure that you are logged into Native Access with the email address you had previously used to register your base product. You can check what email address you have used to log into Native Access by clicking the user icon in the top right:
- Ensure that you have purchased the correct upgrade / crossgrade / update product. The purchase page on our website will inform you of the upgrade options available to you. You must be logged into your account on the Native Instruments website in order for the update options to appear. In the below example, being an owner of KOMPLETE 7 qualifies for a KOMPLETE 12 UPDATE:
If you have incorrectly purchased an upgrade / crossgrade / update product, contact the Account Support team by clicking here.
- Ensure that the base product for your upgrade / crossgrade / update product is not in the process of being transferred. For example, if you have purchased a TRAKTOR PRO 3 UPDATE the corresponding base product (TRAKTOR PRO 2) cannot be transferred. You can cancel a transfer request as shown in this article.
- If you have purchased a hardware product, ensure you register this first before attempting to install the bundled software. You find the hardware serial number on the underside of your hardware product. Enter this 25 digit serial in Native Access using the Add a Serial option:
Note: it may take several minutes before your software is ready to be installed. Check availability with the refresh button.
- The MASCHINE Factory Selection is a reduced version of the full MASCHINE Factory Library. If you already own the full MASCHINE 2 Software (that comes with the full MASCHINE Factory Library), you should not install the MASCHINE Factory Selection, because this would cause double entries in your MASCHINE browser. If you accidentally installed the MASCHINE Factory Selection and it stays in demo mode, please uninstall it again as shown in these articles for Mac and for Windows.