When you try to load an Instrument in KONTAKT, you receive the following error message:
This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed
- You are trying to load a KONTAKT 6 (Player) library in KONTAKT 5 (Player)
- You are trying to load an instrument from the Files tab in KONTAKT while the library is not installed in Native Access.
If your KONTAKT library is shown in Native Access as activated, but you receive this error message when trying to load the library via the Files tab of KONTAKT 5 (Player), it's very likely that your KONTAKT library requires KONTAKT 6 (Player).
1. Please install KONTAKT 6 (Player) from the "Not installed" tab in Native Access. When you now open KONTAKT 6 (Player), the library should appear in the Libraries tab. Please note that KONTAKT 6 (Player) is only called 'Kontakt' in Native Access (and your DAW):
2. If step 1 did not resolve the issue, please proceed:
Follow the steps below, depending on the type of library you have:
Native Instruments KONTAKT Library
- Launch Native Access from the following location:
- Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Access
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Native Access
- Click the Not Installed tab. Hover your mouse over the KONTAKT library's entry. The option to LOCATE will appear next to the INSTALL button.
- After clicking the LOCATE button, you will be asked to BROWSE to the location of the KONTAKT library.
- Navigate to the KONTAKT library's folder and confirm your selection.
- Click INSTALL to add the KONTAKT library to your installed products.
- Finally, open KONTAKT standalone to update the database.
Third Party KONTAKT Library
If the issue relates to a third party KONTAKT Instrument, please follow the steps in this article to correctly add the library to Native Access. The library will then appear in KONTAKT's Libraries tab where it can be loaded from.