While trying to update the firmware on a NI hardware device, you might experience one of the following scenarios:
- Your device is not at all recognized by the Firmware Updater.
- Our Firmware Updater recognizes the device and detects outdated firmware, but the updater aborts with the device no longer being recognized.
- The firmware update aborts with an error message which states:
"An error occurred while updating your *NI Device* (error -2)"
The behavior can be caused by one or more of the following:
- The latest driver for your device is not installed.
- A web browser or cloud service is running while attempting to update the firmware.
- Your operating system requires an update (Windows 10 only).
- Ensure that the latest driver for your device is installed. Please find all drivers available on our download page.
- Before launching the Firmware Updater, ensure that all web browser windows are closed and that there are no cloud services running in the background.
- If you are using Windows 10, please make sure the latest update is installed. You can find this option in: Settings > Updates & security > Windows Update > Check for Updates
- If the previous solutions did not work, please try running the Firmware Updater on a guest account of your operating system, or if available on a different computer.