On macOS 10.15 (Catalina), when trying to load a preset with MASSIVE, ABSYNTH and FM8 which is located on an external hard drive, the browser stays empty and does not show any preset.
On macOS 10.15 (Catalina), external hard drives are not recognised by the browser of MASSIVE, ABSYNTH 5 and FM8. We are working on a fix!
Until we can offer a fix, we recommend to use one of the following 3 workarounds:
1. Using the File / Open Sound menu
You can load the preset from your external harddrive by using the File / Open Sound option. The File menu is available on all affected synths. Here we are showing MASSIVE as an example:
- Click File:
- Select OPEN SOUND... and browse to the preset you want to load:
2. Using KOMPLETE KONTROL
You can load MASSIVE, ABSYNTH 5 or FM8 in KOMPLETE KONTROL and use KOMPLETE KONTROL's browser to load your synth's presets.
3. Copying your presets to your local hard drive
Copy your presets from your external hard drive to your local hard drive. After copying the presets, add their location to the User Library Directories of your synth. You can find this setting here:
- Click File > Options...
- In the Browser tab, click Add and select your presets folder.
- Click Rebuild DB to refresh the database. This example shows MASSIVE: