Unfortunately, MASCHINE 1 projects can only be imported in MASCHINE 2 up to version 2.8.7. Please follow these steps in order to temporarily downgrade to MASCHINE 2.8.7 and import your MASCHINE 1 projects in MASCHINE 2:
Downgrade to MASCHINE 2.8.7:
1. Download the installer for your operating system:
2. Run the installer and follow the instructions.
Import your MASCHINE 1 project in MASCHINE 2:
1. Start MASCHINE 2 standalone from:
- Mac: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments
- Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments
2. Select File > Import Maschine 1.x Format...
3. Navigate to the main folder that contains all of your MASCHINE 1 user content. By default, the MASCHINE 1 user content path is:
- Mac: Documents > Native Instruments > Maschine
- Win: C: > Users > *Username* > My Documents > Native Instruments > Maschine
4. Select the main Maschine folder and click Choose:
In order to see your imported MASCHINE 1 user content in MASCHINE 2's browser, make sure to select the Library Tab and set the Content Selector to User:
Update MASCHINE 2:
1. Close MASCHINE 2 and start Native Access.
2. Open the Available updates tab and click the Update button for Maschine 2:
Now, you are ready to use your MASCHINE 1 projects in MASCHINE 2.