Since the KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.4.0 update, the stability of the MIDI Templates for S-Series MK2 and A-Series keyboards has been improved, and the issue with templates being intermittently lost when updating or restarting is now fixed.
When running KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.4.0 (and higher), your MIDI Templates should be preserved after restarting your computer or future software updates, but as a precaution, follow these steps before updating KOMPLETE KONTROL to version 2.4.0 (or higher) in order to back up your templates:
- In your file explorer, navigate to the following location:
Windows: C: > ProgramData > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol
Note: The ProgramData folder is hidden on Windows systems. See this article for instructions to access hidden folders on Windows systems.
Mac OS: Macintosh HD > Users > *your username* > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol
Note: The User Library is a hidden folder on macOS. To access it, click Go in the Finder menu bar and press down the Alt key. The Library entry will now appear in the menu. Click this link to see an example.
- Copy the Komplete Kontrol AM Settings.dat and Komplete Kontrol MK2 Settings.dat files to your desktop.
- Update KOMPLETE KONTROL to the 2.4.0 version (or later) via Native Access.
- Once the update is complete, launch KOMPLETE KONTROL in standalone mode and enter the MIDI Assignment Editor. The standalone application is located here:
Windows: C: > Program Files > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol
Mac OS: Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments > Komplete Kontrol
- If your MIDI templates have disappeared following the update, quit KOMPLETE KONTROL and move the backup files from your desktop to their original location, over-writing the ones which are already in-place.
- Launch KOMPLETE KONTROL in standalone mode once again and verify that the templates are now visible again.