When launching KONTAKT 5 on a macOS X 10.15 (Catalina) system, an error message appears stating that the KONTAKT MemoryServer cannot be started.
This error message appears in these specific circumstances:
- When KONTAKT 5 is used on a macOS X 10.15 (Catalina) system.
- When KONTAKT 5 has been opened after the KONTAKT Memory Server (KMS) had been previously enabled.
Note: The KONTAKT MemoryServer (KMS) was only useful for older 32-Bit versions of KONTAKT 5, which could only address a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. The latest 5.8.1 version of KONTAKT 5 is able to utilize all of the system's RAM.
Follow these steps, to stop the error message from appearing in KONTAKT 5:
- Click OK on the Error Message window.
- Click the Gear Symbol located along the top menu bar of KONTAKT 5.
- Go to the Memory page, and disable the box labelled; "Use Memory Server". Then click Close.
Note: The Use Memory Server option is disabled when the tick-box is dark/empty.
- A message appears stating that it is required to re-launch KONTAKT 5. Close and re-start KONTAKT 5 now for the changes to become effective.