What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.8.0
For subscribers of TRAKTOR PRO Plus, version 3.8.0 introduces the customizability of Pattern Player kits, five new artist kits from Florian Meindl's Riemann Kollektion, as well as several bug fixes and stability improvements for all users.
- Pattern Player: Customizable patterns (Plus)
The factory patterns of the Pattern Player can now be customized by enabling or disabling individual steps of the pre-programmed patterns.
- F1: Pattern Player factory mapping (Plus)
The Controller Manager now includes a factory mapping for the F1 covering all functions of the Pattern Player, including the pattern customizability.
- Pattern Player: Pitch not initialized (Plus)
The pitch value of the Pattern Player is now correctly initialized to zero on startup.
- Pattern Player: Defaults not set for updating users (Plus)
The default values of the Pattern Player are now correctly initialized for updating users.
- Audio crackling on Beatport tracks (Windows)
Tracks streamed from Beatport and Beatsource no longer produce audio crackles on Windows 11 version 22H2 KB5018341 and later.
- Some iTunes tracks unable to load on Windows
Tracks from the iTunes library located in folders containing accented characters are now loadable and playable again via TRAKTOR's iTunes mode.
- Crash on startup (Windows)
The crash on startup on some Windows machines introduced in version 3.6.0 has now been fixed.
- External volumes path corrupted when missing
Folders on external volumes, such as USB drives, can now again be listed as Music Folders and will no longer be corrupted when starting TRAKTOR without the external volume connected.
What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.7.1
TRAKTOR PRO 3.7.1 is a maintenance update enabling full macOS 13 Ventura compatibility.
- MacOS 13 Ventura compatibility
Version 3.7.1 is now fully compatible with macOS 13 Ventura.
- External hard drives are not accessible on macOS Ventura
External hard drives connected via USB are now fully accessible on macOS 13 Ventura.
- MacOS 10.14 Mojave support
Support for macOS 10.14 (Mojave) has been discontinued for version 3.7.1.
What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.7.0
TRAKTOR PRO 3.7.0 features five brand-new Pattern Player kits for TRAKTOR PRO Plus subscribers created by Camea, Chris Liebing, Dubfire and Joran van Pol. For all users this update comes with a multitude of bugfixes in the browser domain.
- Pattern Player: 5 New Kits (Plus)
Pattern Player kits are now selectable from a choice of 2 factory kits (808 and 909) and 4 brand new artist kits by Camea, Chris Liebing, Dubfire and Joran van Pol.
- Pattern Player: Hardware Support for Kit Selection (Plus)
TRAKTOR controllers now support Pattern Player kit selection via the effect selection controls. Third-party controllers can be mapped to kit selection.
- Pattern Player: Suppress Fast Double Triggers (Plus)
Triggers are no longer dropped when changing the pattern. There is no generation of double triggers when applying fast changes to the master tempo.
- Master Deck out of Phase with Main Clock
The synchronisation between Master Deck and Main Clock has been made more robust now covering even more corner cases.
- Beatport / Beatsource Log-In Issues on Windows
Logging-in to Beatport or Beatsource on Windows is fully functional again.
- Start-Up Crash on Windows
This Windows registry-related crash on start-up has been fixed.
- Traktor Crashes when Unplugging External Drive
External drives, like USB thumb drives, can be safely unplugged during run-time.
- Tracks are Duplicated in the Collection
Track duplicates persisting in the collection after the 3.6.1 update are now correctly removed.
- Incorrect Track Count in Smartlists
Track, time and size count in Smartlists is showing the correct values.
- Playlist Count does not reflect Filtering
Track, time and size count in filtered Playlists is correctly reflecting the applied filter.
- Analysis Results not Stored
Analysis results for tracks in Music Folders containing special (accented) characters are now correctly stored during import of Music Folders.
- Broken Search by File Path and Filename
Searching by file path and filename is now fully functional including support for special (accented) characters.
- Explorer Node doesn't Display Special (Accented) Characters
Folder names containing special (accented) characters are now correctly displayed in the Explorer node.
- Network Volumes not Shown in the Explore Node (macOS)
Network volumes are now correctly shown in the Explorer Node on macOS.
- Tracks on Network Volumes not Available
Tracks stored on network volumes are found also when connecting the network volume during runtime.
- Special (Accented) Characters Lost During Export to M3U Format
All special (accented) characters in tracks names and paths are correctly preserved during export and import of m3u playlists.
- Missing Tracks in Imported M3U Playlists
Playlist imported in m3u format now correctly include all tracks containing special (accented) characters.
- Corrupted Collection after Transfer from Windows to Mac
All volume information is now correctly translated, when transferring collections or playlists from Windows to Mac computers.
- Truncation of Filename when Exporting Playlist
Filenames containing a dot (like in ""feat."") are no longer truncated after the dot when exported via Playlist Export.
- Behaviour of DRY/WET and ON/OFF in snapshots
The behaviour of DRY/WET and ON/OFF in effects snapshots has been restored to their behaviour before version 3.6.
What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.6.2
TRAKTOR PRO 3.6.2 is a bug fix update resolving an issue of duplicate track entries in the latest browser, as well as improving the tracking behaviour of the CDJ-3000 when facing heavy bass vibrations in the booth.
- Unresponsiveness of CDJ-3000 Jog Wheel
The responsiveness of the CDJ-3000 jog wheel to slow pitch bends introduced with the 3.6.1 update has been fully restored.
What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.6.1
TRAKTOR PRO 3.6.1 is a hotfix update resolving an issue of duplicate track entries in the latest browser, as well as improving the tracking behaviour of the CDJ-3000 when facing heavy bass vibrations in the booth.
- Duplicate Collection Entries after Update from 3.5 (macOS)
TRAKTOR 3.6.1 no longer generates duplicate entries in the Collection after updating from a previous version. This version also removes any duplicate entries that have been generated by version 3.6.0.
- CDJ-3000 Drift with Heavy Vibrations in the Booth
Bass induced vibrations in the booth no longer cause tempo jitter and phase drift when controlling TRAKTOR via HID on the CDJ-3000.
What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.6.0
TRAKTOR PRO 3.6.0 introduces the Pattern Player and Ozone Maximizer as the first two features of the new TRAKTOR PRO Plus subscription offering. The update drops support for Windows 7/8 and macOS 13 and will not be available on Native Access for these operating systems.
- Monthly and Yearly PLUS Subscription Plans
Starting with version 3.6.0, selected new features will be available only to owners of the new PLUS monthly or yearly subscription plans. These features will be tagged “(PLUS Subscription)” in future change logs.
- Pattern Player (PLUS Subscription)
New live-friendly performance tool adding layers of rhythmic playback of samples to the mix, controllable with the FX section of most TRAKTOR performance controllers.
- iZotope Ozone Maximizer (PLUS Subscription)
- Multicore Support for Apple M1 Max/Pro
Apple M1 Max/Pro computers can now fully benefit from increased performance when enabling the Multi-Core Processing option in the Audio Setup preferences.
- Handling of Headphones Connected to your Mac
On macOS BigSur and Monterey, unplugging headphones no longer breaks the Audio Device selection in TRAKTOR. You must now manually select the headphones as your audio device in TRAKTOR’s Audio Setup preferences, because the application will no longer attempt to automatically select your preferred audio device.
- Custom Remix Set not Saved
User-generated Remix Sets are now correctly saved when closing the application.
- Occasional Switching of Samples to Loop
Samples no longer occasionally switch from One-Shot to Looped mode when loading Remix Sets.
- S2MK3/S3 Volume Control
The low master volume output of the S2MK3 and the S3 have been fixed with a firmware update available in the download area. It's also accessible via the Help tab of the application menu.
- Broken Offset for MIDI Clock
The functionality to offset the MIDI Clock in the Master Panel has been restored.
- Dry/Wet Knob Included in FX Snapshot
The dry/wet knob setting is now excluded from the stored effects snapshot, allowing you to recall an effect setting before it’s engaged.
- On/Off State Switching of FX Units
Switching effect units from Single to Group mode now always switches the effect unit off to prevent unexpected audio when switching modes.
- Parameter Changes Displayed on Empty FX Slots
Empty FX slots no longer display parameter changes on the main UI when controlling the respective effect parameters via hardware.
- Special Character Validation in Recording Prefix
It is no longer possible to accidentally use special characters for the prefix of recording file names.
- Windows 7/8 and macOS 10.13 Support
Support for Windows 7/8 and macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) has been discontinued for version 3.6.
What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.5.3
The TRAKTOR PRO 3.5.3 hotfix update focuses on the current issues with Apple M1 computers running TRAKTOR PRO in Rosetta mode. This hotfix also ensures compatibility with Native Access 2.
Please note: This is not the update delivering general native Apple M1 support, which is scheduled to come in Autumn 2022.
- Apple M1 Max / M1 Pro Compatibility
Enables Apple M1 Max / M1 Pro Compatibility in Rosetta mode.
- Compatibility with Native Access 2 on Apple M1
Required update for the authorization of TRAKTOR PRO via Native Access 2 on Apple M1 computers.
What's New in TRAKTOR PRO 3.5.2
TRAKTOR PRO 3.5.2 introduces the Beatport and Beatsource Offline Locker. It allows you to store tracks locally on a computer for playback without an internet connection.
Besides addressing several of the most requested bug fixes, this update also enables full compatibility with macOS 12 (Monterey) and Windows 11 as well as improving the integration of the CDJ-3000 and XDJ-1000MK2 jog wheel control.
- macOS 12 (Monterey) Compatibility
- Windows 11 Compatibility
- Beatport / Beatsource LINK Offline Locker
You can now manage your Offline Locker of up to 1000 locally stored tracks – these can be played without an internet connection.
- Playlist Upload to Beatport / Beatsource
Your playlist of streamed tracks can be uploaded to Beatport / Beatsource for sharing, transferring, or purchasing.
- CDJ-3000 Custom Mapping Support
Most of the CDJ-3000's controls can be custom mapped individually to any mappable function in TRAKTOR.
- Volta XR MIDI Outputs Mapping
A new MIDI factory mapping has been added supporting the Volta XR creation platform.
- Beatport / Beatsource Tree Node Loading Speed
The initial Beatport / Beatsource loading time has been reduced.
- Beatport and Beatsource Data Folders Location
The data folders storing the information relevant for the streaming services have been moved from the user's Documents folder to the user's Application Support folder.
- CDJ-3000 / XDJ-1000MK2 Jogwheel Responsiveness
Responsiveness and accuracy of jog wheel tracking on the CDJ-3000 and the CDJ-1000MK2 have been considerably increased.
- Automatic analysis when loading Stem file into a deck
New un-imported Stem files can now be loaded directly into a deck and played without having to analyze them first.
- Some Users were not able to play any Beatport / Beatsource Tracks (Windows)
Users affected by this issue can now play all Beatport and Beatsource tracks.
- Freeze when quitting with no WIFI loading a Beatport / Beatsource playlist
The application now correctly shuts down when quitting during loading of the Beatport / Beatsource nodes on a weak WIFI connection.
- Crash when disconnecting CDJ / XDJ
The crash when disconnecting one of two CDJ / XDJs using the ASIO Aggregate Device driver has been fixed.
- Longer loading times for Decks since 3.5
Decks and Preview Player have the same low loading times as in earlier versions.
- Issues when loading and seeking within FLAC files
Loading and seeking issues with certain FLAC files have been fixed.
- Seeking in Preview Player re-triggered on mouse-up
Seeking in the Preview Player is now only triggered on the mouse-down event.
- "REVERSE" gets stuck after 15 seconds
The REVERSE playback function can now be pressed for an unlimited amount of time without locking up.
- Splitting of Mix Recordings when resuming
When resuming to record with the Mix Recorder a second time in a session, the recording splits are now correctly set.
- Naming issue with Mix Recordings when resuming
When resuming to record with the Mix Recorder a second time in a session, a change of the prefix is now correctly applied to the second part of the recording.
- Cancelling Root Folder operation incorrect
The CANCEL button of the operation "Changing root folder" has been renamed to RESTART LATER – it now does just this.