Downloading a NI product on MASCHINE+ fails, even after restarting the download procedure.
The MASCHINE+ could have momentarily lost connection to your WiFi and corrupted / incomplete files remain on your device.
In order to solve this issue, go through the steps below:
- Connect your MASCHINE+ to your computer using the provided USB cable.
- Press the [SETTINGS] button on your MASCHINE+.
- Use the 4-D encoder to select [System].
- Press Button 3 [STORAGE].
- Once the SD card appears as an external storage device on your computer desktop, navigate to the following folder: SD Card > Downloads > (*product name*)
- Delete the .nipkg and .aria2 files of the product that fails to be downloaded (e.g. lilacglare_126.96.36.199.nipkg and lilacglare_188.8.131.52.nipkg.aria2)
- Empty the trash bin and eject the SD card from your computer.
- Press Button 8 [DISCONNECT] to exit Storage mode.
- Reinstall the faulting product.
If the issue persists, ensure your MASCHINE+ is connected to the correct WiFi network:
- Press [SETTINGS].
- Using the 4-D encoder, select [Network].
- Turn the 4-D encoder or Knob 8 to select the name of the network you want to connect. If the name of the network you want to connect is not visible, press Button 7 [REFRESH].
- Press Button 8 [CONNECT].
- Enter your WiFi password by turning the 4-D encoder to navigate the characters.
- Press [ENTER] to confirm your password.
Note: it is possible to use a USB-to-Ethernet adapter and connect to your router directly to ensure a stronger connection to the Internet.