Native Access 2 is a new administration tool for product activation, installation, and updates for all your Native Instruments products.
Please be aware however that you may still need to use Native Access version 1, in case you experience issues with product activation on an Apple Silicon (M1) computer. Native Instruments is working to resolve these issues as soon as possible.
Note: See this article for the latest news regarding NI product compatibility with Apple Silicon (M1) systems.
In this article, we explain how to install Native Access 2 while keeping the original Native Access software on your computer.
Moving the Original Native Access to a Folder
Having already installed Native Access, you must now move it to its own sub-folder. Follow these directions to learn how:
- Quit Native Access and all other NI software.
- Go to the following location on your computer:
Macintosh HD > Applications > Native Instruments
- Create 2 new folders named Native Access and Native Access 2.
- Drag and drop the original Native Access app into the Native Access folder.
Placing the New Native Access in its own Folder
- Download Native Access 2 and place it in the Applications folder.
- Drag and drop the app into the Native Access 2 folder.
You are now able to open and use the new Native Access version 2 or the original version 1 as needed.
Quick Access to Both Apps
You have the option to create Dock Shortcuts for both apps.
- Launch the original Native Access, and right-click the app icon in the Dock.
- Select Options > Keep in Dock in the context menu.
- Repeat this process with the new version of Native Access as well.
Note: You should not run both instances of Native Access at the same time.