This article provides help if you experience playback issues like skipping, crackles or drop-outs while analyzing your tracks in TRAKTOR.
Understanding the TRAKTOR Analysis
The Analyze function in TRAKTOR is a very complex process involving beat recognition, key detection, spectral analysis for the waveforms and loudness measurements. This means a lot of processing power is required in order to accomplish these tasks. When performing with TRAKTOR, the processing power requirements add up quickly, especially when using multiple Decks and / or effects. Therefore, we recommend to not analyze your tracks while playing live. This will dramatically reduce the processor load and increase the reliability of your system. This is especially true when analyzing a huge number of tracks.
Note: If you are experiencing playback issues even with no Analysis running, please refer to our Tuning Tips for Windows and OS X in order to optimize the general audio performance of your system.
Completing the Analysis of your Tracks
By completing the below steps, you can ensure that all your tracks are properly analyzed:
- In order to make sure all your tracks are correctly analyzed, right-click Track Collection in the Browser tree and choose Check Consistency.
- Important Note: Depending on the size of your Track Collection, the time required for the Consistency Check can vary from less than a minute to an hour or more. Take your time for doing this prior to a gig or session.
- The Consistency Check Report will appear. If tracks non-analyzed tracks are detected, click Analyze in order to start the Analysis process.
- You can monitor the Analysis process in the Status Bar at the bottom of the main TRAKTOR screen. The progress will be shown in realtime.
Note: If you cannot see the Status Bar, make sure Show Status Bar/Error Messages is activated in the Browser Details tab of the TRAKTOR Preferences.
- When the Analysis is finished, you can savely start playing with TRAKTOR. Don't forget to repeat this process after importing new tracks to your Collection.