This article explains how to sample audio material from an Audio or Intrument track directly into MASCHINE 2 in Pro Tools 12. In this example we show you how to sample from an Audio track.
- Create a new Instrument track and insert MASCHINE 2 as a plug-in.
Note: read this article to learn how to load a NI plug-in in Pro Tools.
- Create a new Audio track and load it with the audio material you wish to sample.
- Assign a SEND from the Audio track to Bus 1-2 (Stereo).
- Set the audio input of the MASCHINE 2 Instrument track to receive audio from Bus 1-2 (Stereo).
- Set the output volume of Bus 1-2 (Stereo) to 0 dB. To access the volume slider click on the tab labeled Bus 1-2 within the SENDS area of the Audio track.
- In MASCHINE 2, go to the Sampler section and select the Record tab. Select Ext. Ster. as SOURCE and In 1 as INPUT.
- Start the playback on the Audio track conatining the audio material you want to sample. An amplitude will be visible on the level meter. Press the Start button next to it to start sampling.
- Click Stop to finish recording. The recorded sample will appear in the Waveform display. It is named after the date and time of the recording (20160526T170306 in the example below) and stored on your hard drive. Below, all the samples which have been recorded during your session are displayed in the Recording History section as mini waveforms. These can be dragged and dropped to a Sound slot or be deleted by clicking on the small X in the upper right-hand corner of the box.