Since Pro Tools 11, Pro Tools uses exclusively the AAX 64-bit plug-in format. If you cannot load your Native Instruments plug-ins in Pro Tools 11 or higher, make sure to have installed the latest version of your NI plug-ins. The minimum versions of NI products which are compatible with Pro Tools are listed at the end of this article. These are available in Native Access or from the Updates page of our website.
Note: If you try opening a project saved with a previous version of Pro Tools and you receive a 'Move Unauthorized Plug-ins' error message mentioning a NI plug-in, you must also install its respective AAX 64-bit version to solve the issue.
If you are already using the latest version of your NI plug-in and it still does not appear in Pro Tools 11 or higher, you may not have installed the AAX format during the original installation of your NI product. In this case, follow these steps to install the AAX 64-bit plug-in version on your system:
- Go to the Updates page of our website and fetch the installer for the latest version of your NI plug-in. Here, we want to download the latest BATTERY 4 update.
Note: if the latest update is already installed on your computer, it will not show up in the Available updates tab of Native Access. This is why you must fetch the installer from the UPDATES section of our website.
- Launch the installation process and follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the Installation Type window.
- Make sure to check the AAX Plug-in box in order to install the AAX 64-bit version of your plug-in.
- Proceed with the installation of the update.
Next time you start Pro Tools, it will automatically scan the content of the AAX plug-in directory and you will be able to load your NI plug-in in Pro Tools as expected.
Minimum Versions of NI Plug-ins supporting AAX 64-bit
The AAX 64-bit format is supported starting with the following versions of our products:
- ABSYNTH 5.2.0 and higher.
- BATTERY 4.1.0 and higher.
- FM8 1.3.0 and higher.
- GUITAR RIG 5.2.0 and higher.
- KONTAKT 5.3.0 and higher.
- MASCHINE 2.0.0 and higher
- MASSIVE 1.4.0 and higher.
- REAKTOR 5.9.0 and higher.
- DRIVER 1.1 and higher.
- ENHANCED EQ FX 1.1 and higher.
- PASSIVE EQ FX 1.1 and higher.
- RC 48 1.1 and higher.
- RC 24 1.1 and higher.
- SOLID BUS COMP 1.1.0 and higher.
- SOLID DYNAMICS FX 1.1 and higher.
- SOLID EQ 1.1.0 and higher.
- TRANSIENT MASTER FX 1.1 and higher.
- VARI COMP FX 1.1 and higher.
- VC 2A 1.1.0 and higher.
- VC 76 1.1.0 and higher.
- VC 160 1.1.0 and higher.
If you do not know which version of a Native Instruments plug-in is installed on your computer, please refer to this article.