In certain scenarios you may wish to route your samples from BATTERY 4 to separate tracks in your host software. This allows you to apply different send and insert effects or use your host's volume and panorama controls for each drum sound individually. This article will explain how to route BATTERY 4 Cells to separate audio tracks in Logic Pro.
BATTERY 4 Setup
- Load a Multi Output plug-in instance of BATTERY 4 on a software instrument track in Logic Pro. In this example, Multi Output (16xStereo) has been selected. This means there are 16 separate BATTERY output channels available.
- After loading a BATTERY kit, select and right-click the Cell you wish to send a separate audio output. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Scroll down to Output and choose Master, Buses, or Direct Out, depending on your output configuration. In the below screenshot a Cell has been routed to channel St 3/4.
Note: by default, all Cells are routed to the Master channel (St 1/2).
- Repeat the above step for all the Cells you wish to send to separate outputs.
Logic Pro Setup
- Open the Mixer view in Logic.
- Click the + icon at the bottom-right of the BATTERY 4 instrument track to add Aux tracks. The input of each Aux track is automatically assigned to a different BATTERY output channel in ascending order. For example, if a Cell has been routed to BATTERY output St.3/4, choose input Battery 4 St 3-4 in the respective Logic Pro Aux track.
Now when you trigger a Cell in BATTERY, the Cell's audio will be played back through its respective Logic Aux track.