In certain scenarios you may wish to route your samples from BATTERY 4 to separate tracks in your host software. This allows you to apply different send and insert effects or use your host's volume and panorama controls for each drum sound individually. This article will explain how to route BATTERY 4 Cells to separate audio tracks in Digital Performer 8.
BATTERY 4 Setup
- Load BATTERY 4 as a plug-in in Digital Performer.
- After loading a BATTERY Kit, select and right-click the Cell you wish to send to a separate audio output. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Scroll down to Output and choose Master, Buses, or Direct Out, depending on your output configuration. In the below screenshot a Cell has been routed to channel St 3/4.
Note: By default, all Cells are routed to the Master channel (St 1/2).
Repeat the above step for all the Cells you wish to send to separate outputs.
Digital Performer Setup
- Open the Mixing Board view in Digital Performer.
- Create some new Aux tracks in Digital Performer 8 (Project > Add Track > Aux Track). Assign the input of each Aux track to a separate BATTERY output channel in ascending order. For example, if a Cell has been routed to BATTERY output St.3/4, choose Battery 4-1 3-4 as the input in the respective Aux track (see screenshot below).
Now when you trigger a Cell in BATTERY 4, the Cell's audio will be played back through its respective Aux track in Digital Performer.