In certain scenarios you may wish to route your samples from BATTERY 4 to separate tracks in your host software. This allows you to apply different send and insert effects or use your host's volume and panorama controls for each drum sound individually. This article will explain how to route BATTERY 4 Cells to separate audio tracks in Cubase.
BATTERY 4 Setup
- Open the VST Instruments rack via the Devices menu in Cubase and load an instance of the BATTERY 4 plug-in.
- After loading a BATTERY Kit, select and right-click the Cell you wish to send to a separate audio output. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Scroll down to Output and choose Master, Buses, or Direct Out, depending on your output configuration. In the below screenshot a Cell has been routed to channel St 3/4.
Note: By default, all Cells are routed to the Master channel (St 1/2).
- Repeat the above step for all the Cells you wish to send to separate outputs.
- In the VST Instruments rack, click the small arrow symbol next to the BATTERY 4 slot to open the output selection menu.
- The BATTERY 4 Master channel, B4 St 1/2, is active by default. To activate another output, select it from the menu. A new output track will be added in Cubase for each activated channel. In the example below, the BATTERY 4 outputs St 1/2 through St 15/16 have been activated.
Now when you trigger a Cell in BATTERY, the Cell's audio will be played back through its respective output track in Cubase.