To support access to the iTunes Library from other applications, iTunes provides a special XML file in the iTunes folder. TRAKTOR reads this file to show your iTunes Library in the TRAKTOR browser. If this file is moved, replaced or renamed, either manually or automatically during an iTunes or OS update, TRAKTOR will not be able to locate this file.
The following steps describe how to check if this is the case and update your directory settings in TRAKTOR accordingly.
- Go to TRAKTOR Preferences > File Management and click ...! for the iTunes Music Library directory.
- A browse window comes up in which the default iTunes Library directory is shown. If you manually changed your iTunes Library directory to a different path, go to the folder you specified in the Advanced Preferences of iTunes. The default iTunes Library directories are:
- OS X: Macintosh HD > Users > * Username* > Music > iTunes
- Windows:C: > Users > *Username* > Music > iTunes
- In this folder, you may find more than one "...xml" file, for example "iTunes Music Library.xml" and "iTunes Library.xml".
Note: If the "iTunes Library.xml" does not exist, iTunes still uses the "iTunes Music Library.xml" and you don't need to change the iTunes directory in TRAKTOR. In this case, try to rebuild your iTunes Library XML file as described here to solve the update issues.
- Select "iTunes Library.xml" and confirm by clicking Open.
- Go to the TRAKTOR main screen and open the iTunes node in the Browser Tree. If you can't see your recently added tracks right away, right- / control-click the iTunes node and choose Refresh to reload the iTunes Library.