Installing with Native Access
To install the MASCHINE 2 Library on an external hard drive, open Native Access > Preferences and change the Content Location. You can find detailed instructions on how to change file locations in this article.
If you already installed the MASCHINE 2 Library on your system drive and you want to move it to a different drive, follow the instructions in this article.
If you have to reinstall the MASCHINE 2 Library, follow the steps in this article.
Installing with the Legacy DVD Installer
- Start the MASCHINE installer and follow the instructions until you see the Custom Install on "Macintosh HD" window below.
- Under the Location column, click on the Shared folder icon in the Maschine Library line. In the menu that opens, select Other… to choose a different installation directory.
- In the window that opens, navigate to your external hard drive (or other desired location). Here you can choose an existing folder or press New Folder to create a location for the library to be installed to.
- The Location column should now reflect the new desired location for the content - in this example we created a new folder named "NI Libraries".
- Click Continue to proceed with the installation.