Installing with Native Access
To install the MASCHINE 2 Library on an external hard drive, open Native Access > Preferences and change the Content Location. You can find detailed instructions on how to change file locations in this article.
If you already installed the MASCHINE 2 Library on your system drive and you want to move it to a different drive, follow the instructions in this article.
If you have to reinstall the MASCHINE 2 Library, follow the steps in this article to uninstall the Library. Before installing the Library again, make sure to set the Content Location to your prefereed hard drive as explained in this article.
Installing with the Legacy DVD Installer
- Start the MASCHINE installer and follow the instructions until you see the Custom Install on "Macintosh HD" window below.
- Under the Location column, click on the Shared folder icon in the Maschine Library line. In the menu that opens, select Other… to choose a different installation directory.
- In the window that opens, navigate to your external hard drive (or other desired location). Here you can choose an existing folder or press New Folder to create a location for the library to be installed to.
- The Location column should now reflect the new desired location for the content - in this example we created a new folder named "NI Libraries".
- Click Continue to proceed with the installation.