You can use BATTERY 4's Cell Activation feature to stop the playback of a sample (eg. a closed Hi-hat) in one Cell by triggering another sample (eg. an open Hi-hat) on a second Cell. Follow the instructions below to learn how to configure BATTERY 4 for this use.
- Load a closed Hi-hat sample into a Cell.
- Load an open Hi-hat sample into another Cell.
- Set both Cells to the same Key Range in the Setup tab (e.g. C1 / C1 for both Cells).
- Select the Cell containing the Closed Hi-hat and go to the Setup tab.
- In the Cell Activation section set the Trigger parameter to Note On.
- Set the Condition parameter to Cycle Round Robin, and set the Position parameter to 1.
- Select the second Cell containing the open Hi-hat and apply the same Cell Activation settings as for the closed Hi-hat Cell except here set the Round Robin Position to 2.
- Set both Cells to the same Voice Group. (e.g. 1 - Voice Group).
- Set the Voices number to 1.
Now whenever you trigger the Cell containing the Closed HiHat, the Cell containing the Open HiHat will automatically be choked, stopping any outgoing sound.